Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Copy Cat

I have a friend, She started a blog. I also have a husband named Pete Semple. He has a bunch of blogs of his own. I really like to journal so I decided to start a blog. I used to blog when I was in High School. I started with MySpace. I eventually deleted it and lost all that I had written. I regret that big time.

I'm reading Magnificent Obsession right now with my small group. I'm finally getting into it. I didn't really enjoy the first chapter. I have a feeling it was because I wasn't ready to hear what it had to say to me. As much as I want to grow in my spiritual life with Jesus Christ I know that I'm like a monkey. I'm sticking my hand into a jar to get a banana, but in order to get my hand out again I have to let go of the banana because my hand plus the banana are too large to get out of the jar hole. Despite this knowledge I refuse to let go of the banana that keeps my hand trapped in the jar. This is one of the illustrations in the book that hit me like a ton of bricks. I want to get closer to Jesus, but I know that I refuse to let him have all of me. Among other things I struggle with food. I've been dieting since I was 13 and have dieted on and off for years. My real problem is that I continually let it take a godlike position in my life.

My ultimate goal is to glorify God with all that I am.

This includes my thoughts, my eating behavior and other behaviors, my marriage, my friendships and so much more.

Throughout this blog I will talk about struggles, victories, emotions of all sorts, and most of all what God is doing in my life.

1 comment: